DISTRICT FINANCIAL AID NIGHT
The Ramapo Indian Hills High School District held a District Financial Aid Night for parents and students on Monday October 17th in the Indian Hills High School Auditorium. Kimber Decker, a representative from the Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, presented information on the FAFSA and college funding sources. The presentation and a copy of the FAFSA is available for download.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION SITES
- Financial Aid Guide - Official government guide to financial aid.
- FAFSA on the Web - Site where you can fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- PIN Website - Registration for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for use with federal student loan programs.
- Students.gov - Award-winning site on federal government services for students, including financial aid.
- Federal Student Financial Assistance - Variety of financial aid resources and information for students.
BEWARE of any companies that ask for any sort of payment. Remember that FAFSA has "free" in its title! Be sure you are on the government site.
Information on scholarship opportunities is available through Naviance. The Guidance Department will present local scholarship opportunities during Senior English classes in the late winter/early spring. Students and parents are encouraged to continue to access Naviance throughout the school year to remain updated on scholarship opportunities, requirements, and deadline dates.
FREE ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP SEARCHES
HOW TO AVOID SCHOLARSHIP SCAMS
FinAid.org provides information on how to identify scholarship scams, how to distinguish between legitimate and fraudulent organizations, how to protect yourself from scholarship scams, and what to do if you are scammed.